dimanche 14 mars 2021
The 3Brain - Massimo Grattarola Award
The 3Brain - Massimo Grattarola Award program is intended to support the activities of young researchers from academic, government or non-profit institutions.
3Brain is now offering a 10,000€ prize to support young neuroscientists at the beginning of their scientific journey.
Submitted projects will be reviewed in two rounds of evaluation:
Evaluation round 1: 14th of March, 2021
Evaluation round 2: Applicants with projects accepted for the second round of evaluation is informed at the beginning of April and will be asked to give a 15 minutes virtual talk, to introduce their project idea in more detail at the beginning of May.
- Applications can be submitted by researchers that hold a doctorate and at least a 50% position at an academic institution, government institution or non-profit organization in any part of the world.
- The applicant’s position must be guaranteed for at least 1 year, starting from the contest’s deadline date.
- Additionally, only applicants that hold their PhD for less than 3 years and authored/coauthored at least one peer-reviewed publication based on in-vitro or ex-vivo neuronal or cardiac models will be considered.
The project is an idea and concept of what you would like to do with our HD-MEA, having an MEA is not a required condition for project submission.
What may be founded by the award:
Money from The 3Brain - Massimo Grattarola Award must be used primarily to fund research projects planned (which is not required to be the submitted project for this Award), executed and authored by the award winner (or winners). All funded research involving animal breeding and/or experiments must be approved by the appropriate authorities and/or following the guidelines for the welfare of experimental animals of the respective country.
Budgeted items can include:
- Supplies, consumables, and small pieces of equipment
- Costs for publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Costs for attendance of national and international conferences